When it comes to juicing, no one can deny its importance. Juicing is a healthy way to get your nutrients healthily. It is the most straightforward way to get your health and fitness on track. Everyone likes to start their day with a glass of juice to get health benefits or take it at any time of the day to refresh themselves. Many people want to have a juice corner at their homes, so they get juicers. These can be centrifugal or cold press juicers. You can also check Masticating Juicers for Your Kitchen.
Since juicing is a trend nowadays, many people have opened their juicing businesses. And their businesses have sky-rocketed. Seeing this, I also wanted to open a juicing business. After all, I thought, what does it take a juicer and fruits? Little did I knew, it was not that simple. When I was searching for juicers, I realized that there are different kinds of juicers, each impacting juicing and health. So, I did detailed research on juicers and ended up buying a cold-pressed juicer for my business. And I love it.
In this post, let me guide you in a simplified way, the secrets of cold press juicers, why these are important, and their benefits on our health.
Cold Press Juicers:
Juicing is a process in which fruits are crushed or ground to provide us with juice. And it may require heat. But do we know that fruits have vitamins and minerals that are sensitive to heat? So, when the juicing process gives off heat, it may destroy those vitamins and minerals, taking away their health benefits With Juicers for Ginger.
Cold press juicers are a special kind of juicers that do not produce heat. With its hydraulic power, it presses the fruits to get pulp juice from them. They crush the fruit slowly into a liquid. It indeed is a slow and time-consuming process, but worth it.
One, on the other hand, centrifugal juicers are the traditional juicers. They have sharp blades that help them grind the fruits to make their paste. This process is fast yield but produces heat and may destroy the vitamins and minerals present in the fruits.
How Does A Cold Press Juicer Work?
As described earlier, cold press juicers have a hydraulic press technology that helps produce high-quality juice for you.
The cold press juicers work in two stages:
- First stage: the fruits are chopped into small chunks by a stainless steel blade.
- Second stage: the small chunks of fruits are then pressed by the hydraulic press into a pulp and filtered through the press bag so slowly that it doesn’t produce the friction heat, nor does the pulp come in contact with oxygen that can oxidize it. Due to this feature, the juice is super fresh and full of nutrition.
Benefits of cold press juicer
Cold press juicers preserve the nutritional value. As described earlier, cold press juicers do not produce heat, nor the pulp of the juice come in contact with oxygen. This step helps maintain its nutritional value as heat and oxygen destroy minerals and vitamins present in the fruits.
- Cold press juicers yield more juice: They produce more juice than traditional centrifugal juicers.
- Cold press juicers are versatile: Cold press juicers are not the only expert at making fruits juices; they can also make nut milk or green leafy vegetable juice like celery. They may also work as a food processor.
- Cold press juicers are easier to clean: A cold press juicer is easy to clean as it has small parts to make the juice. And they can be cleaned by simply rinsing with water. However, the juicing screen needs little scrubbing, but it is also easy due to a cleaning brush provided with the machine.
- Cold press juicers are quieter: Traditional juicers make noise while blending the juice. But on the contrary, cold press juicers are not that noisier.
- Cold press juices come with a longer shelf life: Since cold press juicers yield juice without the oxidation of vitamins and minerals, their shelf life is more than traditional juicer juices.
The Downside Of Cold Press Juicers:
- Cold press juicers are expensive: The major downside of cold press juicers is that they are costly. It is because they produce juice full of nutrients and minerals.
- Cold press juicers are slow: The time it takes to process the juice is relatively more than traditional juicers. They don’t simply grind fruits; they make them pass through a screen to get their fruits pressed and yield juice.
- Cold press juicers yield pulpy juice: Most people do not like concentrated juices. But cold press juicers give us juice full of pulp.
How Do I Choose Which Juicer Is Best For Me?
Each juicer has its features, benefits, and disadvantages. To choose a juicer for you, you should know the features you want in your juicer.
For example, if you make a lot of juice, they may look for the capacity of the juicer. And if you are concerned about its cleaning, then choose the juicer that is dishwasher safe. This way, you won’t be worried about its cleaning and continue your juicing journey with ease.
How To Maintain Your Cold Press Juicer:
What you can juice in a cold press juicers: Cold press juicers make juice of fruits and vegetables that have a high content of water in them. For example, apple, watermelon, pineapple, celery, spinach, etc. Therefore, do not put those fruits or vegetables that do not have a high water content, as it may damage the juicer.
Take care of your waste of cold press juicers as soon as you can: A cold press juicer produces a considerable amount of waste that can, in turn, block the drain. To prevent it, cover the bin of your juicer with a plastic wrapper to collect all the junk and prevents clogging of the gutter.
Keep the container of cold press juicer clean: The juice is collected in a container. Please wash it immediately after making the juice. If leftover for a long time, it can rot with the liquid or pulp leftover and damage the juicer.
Always use the plunger of the cold press juicer: The plunger is provided with the juicer to push the fruits into the juicer. It is specifically designed for it. Therefore, please do not use any other thing as it can damage the juicer.
Prepare your fruits and vegetables: You should always clean and chop your fruits before putting them in the juicer because large pieces of fruits can damage the blades.
How To Clean Your Cold Press Juicer:
The cold press juicer requires an immediate cleaning as the remnants of juice or pulp can damage the juicer.
Things you will need:
- Cleaning brush
- Cleaning detergent
- Microfiber cloth
- Before starting to clean your cold press juicer, always unplug the wires.
- To clean every part of the juicer, dismantle your juicer.
- Now wash the components of the cold press juicer with water and cleaning detergent. You can give it a little scrub with the cleaning brush. Rinse it with clean water after it’s done.
- Later on, dry it with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Finally, reassemble your cold press juicer.
A cold press juicer is a better healthier investment for your daily juicing intake. It is especially true if you believe that health is true wealth. Whether you want a juicer for your home or a business, a cold press juicer is going to be your friend. Always clean your juicer promptly to let it giving you the maximum benefits.