Are you looking for a way to cook quick yet healthy home-cooked dishes? Do you want to invest in just one versatile kitchen appliance to cater to a large variety of dishes? If the answer is yes, then you are not the only one.
We have introduced some of the best toaster oven for 2023 in the following article to help you out. Although the word toaster oven might not reflect its versatility, you will definitely remain surprised when it comes to its multi-functional usage.
Think about toasting bread, baking a pizza, roasting a whole chicken, or merely defrosting frozen meals. Amazing, right? Well, these features barely scratch the surface of all of the features of a toaster oven.
If this gadget has caught your interest, keep reading to learn more of its features, top six product reviews, and some FAQs.
- 1 The 6 Best Toaster Ovens for 2023
- 1.1 1. Best Toaster Oven: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- 1.2 2. Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer: Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer
- 1.3 3. Best Toaster Oven for Storage: Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away for Storage
- 1.4 4. Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
- 1.5 5. COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo Convection Roaster with Rotisserie & Dehydrator
- 1.6 6. Best Small Toaster Oven: Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
- 2 Editor’s Pick: Best Toaster Oven for 2023
- 3 What is a Toaster Oven?
- 4 How to Use a Toaster Oven?
- 5 How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray?
- 6 How to Reheat Pizza in Toaster Oven?
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Previous Post: The Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens for 2023
The 6 Best Toaster Ovens for 2023
Since there are various models of toaster ovens available in the market, it can be challenging to choose the best one for your needs. However, we have done all the tiresome work for you by researching the top ones from the best brands.
Keep reading our top six toaster oven reviews to learn more about each product before making a final decision.
1. Best Toaster Oven: Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Founded in 1932, Breville is an Australian brand that manufactures innovative kitchen appliances to make cooking easier and healthier. Their product line includes coffee machines, blenders, toasters, kettles, and toaster ovens.
The Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven is one of their top-selling products that offer versatility in the kitchen. It comes with nine pre-programmed settings for toasts, bake, bagel, pizza, roast, grill, cookies, reheat, and warm.
You can even slow cook your food for as long as 10 hours at a low temperature to get the most tender meat. After the set time, the smart oven turns automatically to the keep-warm function.
Besides this, the toaster has substantial cooking space, allowing you to fit a 13-inch pizza or six slices of bread at a time. The interior oven light, meanwhile, conveniently alerts you when your food has cooked.
As for the heating, the Breville BOV800XL Oven uses powerful convection fans, a 1800W motor, and an innovative Element IQ system. While the five quartz elements give off precise and stable heat to your food, the built-in convection fan spread the hot air to all corners of the toaster oven. Consequently, you get evenly cooked food in a shorter time.
The control panel is quite user-friendly and straightforward. It includes dial knobs for setting your temperature, cooking time, and desired preset. Along with this, you get an LCD that displays all your settings. Here, you can keep an eye on the remaining cooking time with ease.
What’s more, the LCD changes its color from blue to yellow during every cooking cycle. Since the toaster oven has a stainless steel construction, you can rest assured that it is durable enough to last too long.
- Ten pre-programmed settings
- Slow cook preset for 10 hours
- Easy-to-read LCD
- User-friendly control panel
- Convenient interior light
- Advanced Element IQ Heating system
- Fast and even cooking
- Bulky construction
- Larger footprint
2. Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer: Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer
Cuisinart was founded in 1971 to produce its first electric processor. Now, it manufactures a large variety of smart home appliances, including the Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer.
It comes with seven pre-programmed settings for bake, convection bake, toast, broil, convection broil, air fry, and warm. Hence, the unit will set the timer and temperature for you, and take the cooking guesswork out of your hands.
Deemed as one of the best air fryer toaster ovens in the market, there is no doubt that it only offers the best features. With its four-pounds of cooking capacity, you can cook for three to four people simultaneously. The 15.5 x 16 x 14 inch can fit six slices of toast, a 12-inch pizza, or three-pounds of fries for air frying with ease.
Moreover, it has robust stainless steel construction for high durability. Thus, you can rest assured that your investment will last a long time. Along with this, the versatile appliance is compact enough to fit on your countertop, making it quite suitable for small apartments.
Moving on to its heat control, Cuisinart has installed powerful convection fans to blow hot air to all corners. Not only does it give you precise temperature control, but you will also not have to flip your food to get even cooking.
The control panel, on the other hand, includes four traditional dial knobs to control your settings. Here, you can select your desired temperature, preset, cooking time, and even your toasts’ shade. However, keep in mind that the timer has a 60-minutes limit only.
Since cleaning up after each cooking cycle is quite a hassle, Cuisinart has made sure to use a non-stick coating. You can clean away any splatter and mess with a damp paper towel in one swipe.
- Convenient oven light
- Seven preset options
- Traditional control knobs
- Larger cooking capacity
- Affordable price
- Short preheating time
- No LCD
- Flimsy knobs
3. Best Toaster Oven for Storage: Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away for Storage
Based in the US, Ninja is a well-known brand when it comes to high-quality kitchen appliances. Since it was established in 2008, they have expanded their product range to ovens, grills, coffee makers, and even blenders.
Their Ninja Foodi Digital Convection Toaster Oven is among the best toaster oven. It has an exceptional 8-in-1 preset option, including roast, air fry, broil, bake, warm, dehydrate, bagel, and toast.
Since the toaster oven is relatively compact and lightweight, you can easily place it on top of your kitchen counter. What’s more, you can flip it up on its side and save a further 50% of your counter space when you are not using the gadget. This is quite helpful in smaller kitchens where you need to maximize your kitchen space.
As for its cooking space, the compact toaster oven can still fit nine bread slices, a medium-sized pizza, or six chicken breasts in one go. Compared to the competitors, you get almost 45% more cooking space in a small footprint.
Moreover, Ninja has added a smart LED control panel that uses touch buttons to select your desired settings. With its superior heating system, the Ninja Foodi Toaster Oven manages to cook your food 60% faster and 40% more evenly than other toaster ovens too.
The toaster oven also comes with a convenient crumb tray that collects any drippings and is completely removable for clean-up. It even has a back panel that offers easy access to the interior for deep cleaning.
- Eight versatile presets
- Compact design
- Flips on its side to save counter space
- Cooks fast and evenly
- Back panel for easy access
- The display is small and hard to read
4. Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
The Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven is the second Cuisinart product in our list owing to its highly versatile features. If you have a small kitchen, this will be the best convection toaster oven for all your needs.
With 15 pre-programmed settings in the toaster oven, there is no wonder why some people call it a set-it and forget-it oven. Some of them include the option for toast, defrost, bake, broil, roast, and keep your food warm inside the unit.
However, the most exciting option is its dual cook preset that allows you to set two preset services simultaneously. Not only this, but you also get two convection fan settings for cutting down preheating time and cooking in a shorter time.
Cuisinart has even installed an intuitive control panel on the toaster oven that allows you to set the size of your pizza or the number of bread slices. Then, the five quartz heating element is calibrated to set the cooking temperature and time according to your settings for precise and even cooking.
Besides this, the control is quite user-friendly too. It has a large backlit LCD that reads off your settings, one-touch LED buttons, and a dial knob to select your preset.
Although the oven is relatively compact with a small footprint, you can still fit four-pounds of ribs, a seven-pound turkey, or even nine bread slices. What’s more, you can use the included double rack to increase the cooking capacity further.
- Most versatile toaster oven
- Dual cook setting
- Small footprint
- Ample cooking space
- Intuitive cooking technology
- Speed convection settings for faster cooks
- User-friendly control panel
- Relatively expensive
- Exterior gets hot
5. COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo Convection Roaster with Rotisserie & Dehydrator
Based in California, the US, COSORI specializes in manufactured kitchen appliances aimed at healthier living. Their COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo is one such product in their variety.
It comes with 12 presets, including air fryer, bagel, pizza, toast, dehydrate, ferment, rotisserie, etc. If you want versatility in your gadget, then it will surely deliver the best performance.
Overall, the toaster oven has a large 32-quart cooking capacity, allowing you to fit six bread slices, a 13-inch pizza, or even a whole chicken. For your convenience, the brand has even added six accessories with the oven. These include a wire rack, air frying basket, rotisserie fork and handle, oven tray, and a crumb tray for clean-up.
As for temperature control, the toaster oven has a very user-friendly control panel. With the dial knobs, you can select your preset, temperature, and time for your dish. These settings are displayed clearly on the large LED screen.
Apart from this, the toaster oven uses five heating elements and two-speed convection fans to cook food evenly and quickly.
- Massive cooking capacity
- 12 versatile presets
- Option for rotisserie
- Good temperature control
- Digital, user-friendly control
- Convenient interior light
- Makes a lot of mess
6. Best Small Toaster Oven: Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
The second Breville BOV450XL Mini Toaster Oven is the best small toaster oven in this list. If you have very little space in your small kitchen or you have to cook for only a couple of people, it will fit right on your countertop.
The 16 x 14.25 x 8.5 inch compact toaster oven can fit around four slices of bread, an 11-inch pizza, cookies, etc. It comes with eight pre-programmed settings for toast, pizza, cookies, bagel, baking, broiling, roasting, and reheating your favorite dishes.
Similar to the other Breville toaster oven, the BOV450XL also uses the Element IQ smart heating technology. The innovative technology spreads heat across the four quartz heating elements intelligently for precise results. Meanwhile, the 1800W motor cuts down the preheating time and cooks much faster than other ovens.
Moreover, Breville has added a user-friendly control panel to customize your settings for recipes. You get backlit, easy-to-read LCD, where you can read the time, temperature, and presets. Besides this, you will find a control knob to select your desired preset from eight options.
The control panel also includes buttons to choose the number of slices, the shade of your toast, temperature, and a convenient defrosting button too. What’s more, the LCD turns orange when your oven is preheating or cooking. After the cycle is finished, it illuminates blue.
Since the interior is entirely non-stick, it is quite easy to clean your oven with a paper towel.
- Compact design
- Element IQ system for precise cooking
- Non-stick interior
- Easy-to-read LCD changes color to indicate cycle
- User-friendly control panel
- Limited cooking capacity
- Exterior gets hot
Editor’s Pick: Best Toaster Oven for 2023
Although all of the products in our review offer only the best qualities, the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven trumps over the others in terms of features, performance, and ease-of-use.
It offers nine versatile presets for the best cooking results, a substantial cooking capacity, and can even slow cook for hours on best. Furthermore, it features an Element IQ heating system that provides precise and uniform heat and a user-friendly control that makes cooking your food a breeze.
What is a Toaster Oven?
A toaster oven is one of the most versatile appliances invented for your kitchen. It is a cross between a toaster and a traditional oven, except it is much smaller than the latter and offers more functions than your toaster.
Instead of using gas, it works on electricity to power their heating elements and is considerably energy-efficient than most ovens and gadgets. Besides this, it is compact enough to fit right on top of your kitchen counter and does not overheat the kitchen like regular ovens.
The simplest of these gadgets rely on heating elements on both the top and bottom to cook your food. In the case where your toaster oven works on convection currents, they include a high-power fan to distribute heat in the oven.
Moreover, the recent models of toaster ovens are digital, offering a very intuitive and user-friendly control panel. If all this was not enough, they are easy-to-clean and have a short preheating time too.
How to Use a Toaster Oven?
We have already emphasized how toaster ovens are among the most versatile kitchen gadgets you can have in your kitchen. You can use just one appliance to bake, roast, toast, air fry, or even broil your favorite foods.
However, there is just one tiny problem. Some people do get confused about how to maximize the use out of their toaster ovens. With so many presets and heating settings, how do you even use your toaster oven?
This section explains how to use your toaster oven for two of the most popular settings. The other presets have similar instructions for use too.
Remember that each model has a different control panel and heating mechanism, so make sure to read their user’s manual.
- Place your slices of bread on top of the wire rack or the oven tray. Refer to the instruction manual for the correct rack position when it comes to toasting bread.
- If you have a digital toaster oven, select the toast preset and your desired shade of toast. The oven will configure the temperature and time for you.
- In the case of a toaster oven with traditional knobs, select your preset and set an appropriate cooking time for your toast. Generally, the more the time, the darker the toast. Most toaster ovens will have a recommended temperature setting for the toasting preset.
- For the first few times, keep an eye on your bread to get an idea about your settings.
- After completing its cycle, your digital toaster oven might alert you with a beep or by changing the color on its LED panel.
Unlike a traditional oven, toaster ovens are quite convenient at baking with shorter preheating time and faster cooking. So let us take a look at how to use a toaster oven for baking your favorite dishes. Make sure to refer to the user manual for your toaster oven.
- Firstly, select the preset for baking on your toaster oven. Whether you are using a toaster oven recipe or a regular one, adjust the control temperature, and set the time. Keep in mind that toaster ovens cook faster, so make sure to shorten the time if you are using a regular recipe.
- Next, press the start button to set-off the preheating time for your oven. If your oven is not digital, you might have to manually add the preheating settings for five to 10 settings before adding your settings.
- After it has preheated, place your pizza pan or muffin tray inside in the middle. The tray should not touch the heating element at the top or the sides.
- When your food is done, take the tray out carefully, switch off the oven, and clean it after each use.
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray?
Since you will use the toaster oven tray repeatedly, you must clean it well after each use. Not only will it prevent bacteria and mold from infesting the tray, but it will also increase the longevity of the tray.
Let us take a look at how you can clean your tray using just the products found in your kitchen.
- Use a paper towel or cleaning cloth to remove any crumbs or excess grease from the tray.
- Next, fill your sink or a large tub with hot water, and add your regular washing detergent. If the tray has very tough grease or burn marks, add a cup of baking soda.
- Soak your toaster oven tray in the hot mixture for at least an hour. This will soften the marks and make it easier to clean away the encrusted tray.
- After soaking, you have to scrub the tray using either a sponge, brush, or steel wool. If your tray is non-stick, use only soft sponges to clean the tray.
- Finally, give the tray a final rinse under tap water or chuck it in the dishwasher. In the case where some marks are still left, you can repeat the process.
How to Reheat Pizza in Toaster Oven?
Pizza is one of the staple dishes in almost every American household. So unsurprisingly, there is always some pizza leftover after your dinner or lunch.
Instead of throwing it away, you can always eat it the next day or freeze it later. Some people might even have it for breakfast or a late-night snack.
But how do you reheat it without burning the cheese? This is where toaster ovens offer you a lot of conveniences again. Let us take a look at how you can use this versatile gadget for reheating pizza.
- Preheat the toaster oven at 450 degrees for five to seven minutes, which is much faster than a traditional oven.
- If you have a digital toaster oven, choose the bake preset. Adjust the temperature to medium heat at around 300-350 degrees.
- Place your slice of pizza on the wire rack or the tray, and let it bake for four to five minutes.
- Keep an eye on the slice for bubbling, melting cheese. Stop the toaster oven if your pizza reheats before the timer end.
- Take out the pizza using tongs, allow it to cool on your plate, and enjoy.
A toaster oven can be one of the best investments for your kitchen if you want one innovative appliance to do all the work for you. Not only do they make your cooking process easier and faster, but they are undoubtedly healthier too.
Hence, you must select only the best gadget for your kitchen needs. Make sure to read our top six best toaster oven reviews thoroughly to learn more about all their features.
And if you want to learn how to use or clean your toaster oven tray, do not worry. Check out our detailed FAQ section to find all your answers.
Previous Post: The Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens for 2023